Good Tuesday Morning! One week from today is Christmas Eve!! Are you ready!? All presents bought and all cookies made yet? Well, it is Day 6 of #12DaysofChristmasCards and I'm sharing a little recipe I found to get you in the holiday spirit! Today's card was painted from a picture I found for a recipe at sheknows.com. So photo credit is due to their website! The recipe was for Gourmet Hot Cocoa, and it sounds delicious! You can check out here! I have listed it below for you too. To enter to win this Christmas Card visit www.facebook.com/julieannmckevitt!! Thank you so much for participating! Check back daily for a new card!
Gourmet hot cocoa recipe
- 3/4 cup whole or skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint, orange or almond extract (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Homemade marshmallows (optional)
- In a microwave-safe mug, combine milk, cocoa, sugar and extracts. Place mug in microwave and heat on high 60 seconds.
- Stir and microwave 30 seconds more or until mixture is hot. Remove mug from microwave; let stand 30 seconds. If desired, serve with cinnamon and homemade marshmallows.